ZenaFur forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ZenaFur forums

The ZenaFur forums

4 posters

Support types wanted!

Archone
    Archone

Support types wanted! Empty Support types wanted!

Post  Archone Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:04 am

I've got a character named Brighid who is now level 37, and moving on up... and I've got an idea for her and characters like her, if anyone's interested. I'm looking for support types, especially those interested in using the Aura powers from Sorcery.

Aura of Primal Sorcery will improve all the stats of every ally within a fairly large radius by a fairly decent amount. Say... 17 to each stat on average. That's enough to raise neglected stats out of the gutter - it can add a few points to the damage bonus provided by super stats, and make a profound differance to a stat that's normally 20ish or so.

But... put two people with Aura of Primal Sorcery on the same team. Suddenly you're looking at +34 to everyone in the team. Add a third person in support role and that's +51 to every stat. At that point everyone will have at least 70 intelligence, 70 recovery, 70 endurance - a signifigant differance in terms of energy expenditures. And that's also going to greatly enhance super stats...

Nor is this limited to Primal. The Ebon aura enhances damage, the radiant aura adds damage resistance... and these auras can provide a layered effect as well. A +13% to damage resistance AND a +15% to damage = an added edge to beat the enemy.

So my question is: would anyone playing support characters (especially ones roleplayed as mages and the like. Not merely using Sorcery powers, but specifically RPed as sorcerers) enjoy joining with me to form a sort of cabal, a mage's guild of characters who RP together and can help each other in finding teams and such as needed?
    captaindonk
    captaindonk

Support types wanted! Empty Re: Support types wanted!

Post  captaindonk Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:01 pm

I've got a 40 support.
    EmmaBunny

Post  EmmaBunny Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:09 pm

yo
    hheeh i would like to join please

Archone
    Archone

Post  Archone Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:24 pm

At this point the group is already up to four people... now comes questions like: do we need a common costume or costume item? What name should we call ourselves? This would be a subgroup within Zena Fur. Kind of like the Dinobots from Transformers G1, or like any of the combining robots. So we're still ZF through and through... but what to call our mage's club?
    captaindonk
    captaindonk

Post  captaindonk Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:50 pm

If we're still gonna be ZF we may as well pull the same garbage the dark enforcers are doing and just add on a subtitle, yes? Then we are easily identified.
    Archone
    Archone

Post  Archone Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:50 pm

The good Captain makes an excellent suggestion. How about... Zena Fur Aurors? Zena Fur Auger? Zena Fur Thaumaturge? Any suggestions at all, please add them here.

As for powers, I was asked... so here's a good place to clarify. ANY powers will work with the support build. Ranged blasts and healing powers are best, of course - but beyond that, anything will work as long as it's RPed as mystical in nature. This includes such things as:

Single/dual blades RPed as magical weapons (Gandalf the Grey was more likely to use a sword than a fireball - and his fireballs were in fact the fireworks he used to sell in the Shire).
    Munitions RPed as magic guns that fire enchanted ammo or magic blasts (imagine a gatling gun that fires a barrage of tiny magic missiles ;) ).
    Telepathy powers (including the protective shield that heals you if it survives to the end of the duration).
    Fire/Ice/Lightning/Force (Given the Sorceress from Diablo II, this should be obvious ;) ).
    Gadgeteering (magitek? Enchanted steampunk? Not to mention that the buff powers have obvious possibilities - miniaturization device is a perfect Shrink spell).

Anything else anyone wants to ask/add, please let me know.
    kirakitsune

Support types wanted! Empty meep

Post  kirakitsune Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:57 pm

*holds up paw* i think my first "im for it" comment didn't go through last week xD

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:05 pm